Hi Glow Girl!
I absolutely love these pancakes; My Dad will occasionally make these in the mornings at weekends for my sister and I. They are a very tasty alternative to traditional pancake recipes.
Take a look at the ingredients and you will see it contains wholegrain spelt flour instead of normal flour, this flour is known to be easier to digest. My Dad also uses coconut milk instead of normal milk, which is great, as we prefer to have a minimum amount of dairy in our diet. You will find coconut milk in any good supermarket. This is a really good and heal
thy recipe and does not require a lot of ingredients to make, definitely worth trying!
Ingredients (based on 4 people):
200 ml of Coconut milk and 200 ml water
I cup of Whole grain spelt flour
1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- Wisk all ingredients together with a blender or fork
- Put a nob of butter in the frying pan and heat on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter is hot (not burnt) add one ladle of the mixture to make one pancake.
- The key trick is turning the pancake at the right time to cook it evenly on both sides. My Dad says normally the pancake will create an air bubble this is the time to flip it over.
- Serve with lemon juice – and sometimes I like to add some Greek yogurt and fruit.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do 🙂