Hi Glow Girl!
I was inspired to do this post because I was reading a makeup book called Makeup secrets by Jemma Kidd. I definitely recommend this book if you want to get better at doing makeup or if you just want to learn some great tips and tricks for doing makeup and skincare.
Want to get this book: https://www.amazon.com/Jemma-Kidd-Make-Up-Secrets-Solutions/dp/1250010861
So, Jemma Kidd mentioned these do’s and don’ts in her book and I thought they would be great to mention in my blog because these do’s and don’ts will hopefully remind you of some small things you can do, to improve your skin and heath.
Hopefully this post helps you as much as possible 🙂
- 8 glasses of still water a day
- It’s very important to make sure you are hydrated throughout the day it is not only crucial for your health but also has great benefits for your skin.
- Get enough sleep
- This is so important. From my research it has shown that you should have at least 8 hours sleep, to make sure you are giving your body time to recover for the next day.
- Ditch the sugar
- This is an obvious tip, but this tip is very hard to do! I am not saying you should ditch sugar all together because that would be very hard for a lot of people, all I am saying is it’s good to be aware of how much sugar you are having and cut down on sugar as much as possible. Maybe try having a cheat day, where you eat very healthy during the week and set aside one day at the weekend where you can have a treat as a reward for being good all week. I would love for you to check out my post where I talk about it in more depth: (link to post)
- Eat an apple a day
- This is a great habit to get into. It doesn’t have to be an apple it can be any fruit but having a piece of fruit a day can be very good for you because you are getting the vitamins and minerals that your body needs in order to be healthy J
- Do your daily exercise
- Make sure you get your daily exercise in during the day. I recommend doing exercise in the mornings to get your energy flowing which will help to wake you up in the mornings, so you feel fresh and alert.
- Eat before you exercise
- Eating before you exercise is not a good idea especially when you are doing a high intensity workout. It’s not good for the digestive system and will make it harder for the food to digest.
- Drink too much water while eating
- When you drink when eating it makes it harder for your food to digest. So, I would really not recommend it! I would advise you to wait 60 minutes after eating, before drinking to give your body a chance to digest your food.
- Snack between meals
- Apparently, it is not good to snack! You should be giving your tummy a rest from food in between your meals because otherwise it will be too much on your digestive system!
That’s all from me today! Thank you for reading and hopefully you liked this post as much as I did writing it 🙂
Remember, don’t beat yourself up if you break the rules! 🙂