Hi Glow Girl!
Welcome to another post! I will be talking about how you can improve digestion. Now, I am no expert at this topic, but I have learnt a few key tips that you need to be aware of when eating which will help improve digestion. Hopefully this post will benefit you as much as possible 🙂
First of all, before we get into the tips, you might be wondering, why do I need to improve my digestion? Well, improving your digestion will give you a number of benefits these are:
- Gives you more energy
- Makes you feel lighter after meals
- Improves your concentration, therefore could do better in exams coming up!
- Less likely to put on weight
I only listed a couple but of course there is lots more benefits to add to the list! Now, let’s get into the tips of how you can improve your digestion.
- Eat slowly
- Now, we have all been guilty off stuffing way too much food in our mouth and eating super-fast because we are enjoying the food so much. But I am sure after we have eaten we all can relate to a horrible stomach pain and that pain is not nice! So, to avoid indigestion it is important to eat slowly and to not rush your meal!
- Chew thoroughly
- Not only do you need to eat slowly you also need to make sure you are chewing! Chew, chew, chew.
- Reduce the amount of Carbohydrates you eat
- Some people experience bloating and discomfort when eating carbohydrates, so just be cautious of how much carbs you are eating.
- Exercise before eating
- This tip is very important! When exercising make sure you are doing that first before eating because if you eat then exercise, you will most probably get a stich and it will mess up your digestive system.
- Don’t drink too much water when eating
- Try the best you can not to drink when eating because this again can cause your food to not digest properly. Also, when you finish your meal, waiting about an hour before having any fluids would be a good idea because than you are giving your body time to digest.
Hopefully this post is helpful and of course as always, I will be back with more posts!
Thank you for reading 🙂