Hi Glow Girl!
Who wants glowing skin this summer? I definitely do, and I am sure you do as well. That’s why we are going to jump straight into this post. I am going to share with you how to get glowing skin naturally, which is based on what you eat.
I am going to share with you, certain foods which are great for you to eat in order to have glowing skin! I am going to try and mention some foods that would be easy for you to eat at school!
Protein–Every cell in your body needs protein. Protein makes a big difference to your skin and health, as it has essential minerals and vitamins to help your skin glow
I would recommend eating:
- Eat either wild salmon or mackerel, these foods are really good for the skin and did you know that salmon and mackerel can help you protect you against sunburn! I know, crazy!
- Then of course. Other meats like chicken, beef etc.
- Also have tuna as well as shellfish (clams, and crabs etc) they contain vitamin E to help keep your skin smooth and unwrinkled, not like us teenagers have wrinkled skin, but you get the point! 🙂
- Don’t forget beans, chickpeas and lentils. They supply skin with zinc, which is essential for the antioxidant activity and cell division. Wow! That was a bit technical! But let’s just say for now, that it will help give you young and youthful skin.
- Cashew butter, almond butter and coconut oil is another great source of fat to eat. You can add cashew or almond butter in your smoothies.
Blueberries – This might sound a bit odd but blueberries are great for your skin! Here is why; Blueberries are rich in fibre and vitamins A and C.No matter what form blueberries take in your diet, their many vitamins and nutrients can be good for your skin. Whether you suffer from acne or broken capillaries, the nutrients in blueberries will help.
Herbal Teas– I am aware this is not a food, but I had to mention this one! I love herbal teas, especially in the evenings! Having herbal teas nourish your skin from inside and out.
Here are a few of my recommendations:
Heath and Heather – they are an organic brand and their peppermint teas are really nice! https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/brands/heath-heather/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing#gclid=CPnbx8y2ztsCFZOMhQodbCkG3w&gclsrc=ds
Teapigs – another great tea brand and I love their jasmine tea.
Vegetables – Yes, I know! It’s time to talk about why vegetables are so great for your skin. Let’s be honest, here, we all know that vegetables will benefit our skin massively and it’s just as simple as; vegetables contains great vitamins and minerals that our skin needs in order to be healthy.
Now, we know what foods we should be eating, have you ever thought about what foods you should be avoiding? Why not check out another post that I have written about what foods you should not be eating: http://girlyouglow.com/foods-to-avoid/
There you go! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, there is so many more to come!
Thank you for reading, as always 🙂